You are here

Non-Prisoner Related Civil Lawsuits



There are many types of non-prisoner related civil lawsuits. This website offers general information for filing any type of civil non-prisoner-related complaint in federal court. You MUST read this general information. It also has the following:

These forms are provided for your general reference and use, but you are not required to use these particular forms. You are, however, required to adhere to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the local rules adopted in this district. Both are accessible from this website.

You should not rely on this information/forms as a substitute for the advice of a lawyer. Neither the clerk nor court staff may give you any legal advice.

Click on one of the links above for more information on filing, and/or the form complaint you wish to file. Note: you should read the rules and general information before filling out a form.

This webpage is intended to be an informative and practical resource for understanding the basic procedures of the court. The statements on this webpage do not constitute legal advice and may not be cited as legal authority. This webpage does not take the place of the Federal Rules, this court's Local Rules, or the individual practices of the judges of this court. All parties using this webpage remain responsible for complying with all applicable rules of procedure. If there is any conflict between the information on this webpage and the applicable rules, the rules govern.


< Back to Start