You are here
ECF and PACER
Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) offers the public the ability to query court dockets and other information through through the Internet. Registered PACER users are able to run searches to determine whether an individual, corporation, or partnership has filed a District case in the Northern District of Mississippi, as well as view and print documents*.
* Please see Fee information for the latest rates for viewing and printing documents in PACER.
Registered PACER users have the ability to:
- Research a case by name and case number.
- View the complete case history (Docket sheet cover and individual docket entries)
- Access archived case summary information
- View a listing of newly filed cases
How Do I Access PACER?
First, you will need a PACER account.
Sign up for one using our convenient on-line registration process. Sign Up Here »
Each court maintains its case information locally. Click here to access the Northern District of Mississippi Document Filing System.
If you do not know where the case is filed, use the PACER Case Locator.
ECF (Electronic Case Filing)
ECF, which stands for Electronic Case Filing (also called CMECF, Case Management / Electronic Case Filing), is an Internet-based document filing system. ECF is user-friendly and offers many benefits to the public, attorneys, and the court. By using this system, entries are immediately placed on the docket sheet.