You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I log in to CMECF?
You can access CMECF through the District Court website, or by going to ecf.msnd.uscourts.gov. Click on the "Document Filing System" link and then enter your Northern District of Mississippi specific CMECF login and password. Practice Tip: When filing, the client code box should be left blank.
I am having issues wih popup blockers. What do I do?
In order to pay filing fees associated with pleadings filed in the Electronic Filing System, popup blockers must be temporarily disabled. If you have a popup blocker running, the following payment issues may occur:
- You filed a pleading that required a fee, but never received a popup window showing the amount due.
- You filed a pleading that required a fee and received a blank popup window after viewing the Notice of Electronic Filing.
- You attempted to pay your fees by clicking Utilities>Internet Payments Due, but received a blank screen that showed “done” in the lower left hand corner of the browser. Listed below are instructions for disabling the most common pop-up blocking programs.
To temporarily bypass the Popup Blocker
- Google Toolbar - Hold down the Ctrl key and then click on the “Internet Payments Due” link under Utilities.
- Yahoo Toolbar - Hold down the Ctrl key and then click on the “Internet Payments Due” link under Utilities.
- Windows XP (Internet Explorer) – Hold down the Ctrl key and then click on the “Internet Payments Due” link under Utilities.
Turn off Popup Blocker
- Google Toolbar - Click on the Google button>Options and uncheck Popup Blocker under accessories.
- Yahoo Toolbar - Click on the popup blocker button on the toolbar and uncheck Enable Popup Blocker.
- Windows XP - Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools>Popup Blocker>Turn off Popup Blocker.
Add certain web sites in the allow popup list
- Yahoo Toolbar - Click on the popup blocker button and select “always allow popups from…”
- Windows XP - Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools>Popup Blocker>Popup
- Blocker Settings. You may also click on the Popup Blocked message displayed near the top of the page and select “Always allow Popups from this site”
- Google Toolbar – Click on the popup blocker button. This will add the current web site to the allow popup list.